Compl. Classical Catalogs
Slow Gold - PC Software (Windows)
Slow down any CD, Cassette, LP, MP3, or Wave recording
without changing the pitch!
SlowGold PC Software
"SlowGold" is software which enables you to learn and play along with your favorite songs and solos directly from audio CDs, cassettes, LPs, Wave files or MP3 files. The power of SlowGold lies in its ability to slow down music with excellent sound quality while maintaining the original pitch.
If you have ever wanted to slow down a piece so that you can transcribe it accurately (or listen to it at quarter or half-speed for example), this software is designed to do just that!
All you need is a PC running Windows (Mac users can use Virtual PC software or similar product, but make sure you have this installed and know how to use it).
Here's what you need, and what you can do:
- Requires Windows 95 or later (95/98/NT/ME/XP) and CD-ROM drive.
- The basics: When SlowGold starts up, click on Tracks List to select the track, then click Start Loop. The track starts playing, you let it play for as long as you like, then click Complete Current Loop. Then, slow the tempo down to whatever speed you want without changing pitch (default is 50% of original).
(Loops are individual sections of the music that can be as small as a note or chord, or as large as an entire song. Each Loop has a beginning and an end - determined by you - which allows you to work on one segment of a song at a time)
- SlowGold also works with Wave files and MP3 files, as well as from LP or cassette -- SlowGold has a built-in recorder for turning analog files into Wave files.
- Record information about the music you want to learn, including the title of the CD and artist name, the track names, track comments, plus type in chords and lyrics and print them.
- Navigate through the tracks, make Loops, trim Loops, create multiple Loops, and enter Loop labels.
- Transform the music: slow down a loop or speed it up while retaining the original pitch, change the pitch to tune the music to your own instrument.
- Improve sound quality by switching between analog and digital recording.
- Use the Views function (Loop Detail View / Big Lyrics View) to create your own Karaoke machine. Use the Wave View and Rhythm Grid for visual perspective of the music.
- Record your own wave files from a microphone, LPs, or cassettes using the built-in recorder - connect directly with your favorite notation/sequencer program.
SlowGold offers cool, user-friendly features and top-notch sound at a very reasonable price. If you're in the market for a transcribing tool, SlowGold is about as much bang for the buck as you'll find,
- Guitar Player Magazine
The best product of its kind I've seen to date.
- PC Magazine
SlowGlold has rendered all of my other transcribing tools obsolete. Nothing even comes close for quality and versatility. It eliminates all the guesswork and is halping my ear to reach its fullest potential. This program is a godsend.
- Steve Gorenberg, Professional Transcriber
TEN out of TEN
- Bass Player OnLine
. . . and from one of our own customers!:
Received Slow Gold last week and I have had a chance to "play" with it for a little while. It is such an improvement over every other transcribing program I have. I keep waiting for it to crash and go away because it is so good. Thank you so much. I know that I have not yet seen the full potential, but so far, I am very pleased. Have a great day.
Roger Staton - Lebanon, Ohio
(email listed with Roger's permission - RV)
Were you looking for Notation Software? If so Click Here.
Don't feel like ordering from this page??
Click Here to be magically transported to our site search page where you can search
over 500 web pages of recommended music and products.
- - or - -
Click Here to search our separate SQL database.
Home | Benches Tuning Supplies Metronomes etc. | Downloads | Contact | Welcome | Gift Certificates | Categories
Database Search | Site Search | Empty Cart | View Cart | Check Out Sheet Music Online - 5830 S.E. Sky High Ct. - Milwaukie, Oregon 97267 U.S.A.
All contents of this website
Sheet Music Online
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions??
Dr. Rein Peter Vaga, D.M.A. (firstname.lastname@example.org)